The darling of the moment finally arrived in Brazil! Debuting on Brazilian soil on May 13, Demon Slayer: Mugen Train is already a major highlight in the rankings. According to the G1 news portal, anime has already reached third place at the national box office, second only to “ Godzilla vs. Kong “and” Pray for Us “.
Thus, the film of the demon slayer has already managed to raise R $ 536 thousand at the box office, with a difference of R $ 424 thousand in the second place. Check out the list of the top 10 in the ranking between May 13th and 16th:
- “Godzilla vs. Kong ”- R $ 1.9 million
- “Pray for us” – R $ 960 thousand
- “Demon Slayer – The Movie: Mugen Train” – R $ 536 thousand
- “World in Chaos” – R $ 451 thousand
- “At War with Grandpa” – R $ 164 thousand
- “Bela vengeance” – R $ 129 thousand
- “Tom & Jerry – O Filme” – R $ 88 thousand
- “Nomadland” – R $ 50 thousand
- “Raya and The Last Dragon” – R $ 38 thousand
- “The small vestiges” – R $ 36.6 thousand
In addition, the film premiered in the United States on April 23 and became the 3rd highest-grossing anime in the country, second only to Pokémon: The First Movie and Pokémon 2000 – The Movie. In the debut alone, he managed to raise 9.5 million dollars (approximately 52 million reais).
Recently, anime was voted the highest box office in the world in 2020, having collected more than 469 million dollars (about 2.55 billion reais) to date worldwide. According to Box Office Mojo, the feature was in 4th place in the ranking of the last weekend, which remains a great achievement, taking into account when it was shown for the first time.
The film premiered in Japan on October 16, 2020, became the biggest box office in Japan’s history, and almost came to compete for the Oscars.
In Brazil, Mugen Train is being shown in cinemas of the Cinépolis, UCI, and Cinemark chains with original audio and subtitles in Portuguese.