Charge Paid By ICICI, Axis, HDFC Bank For A Failed ATM Transaction

ATM Transaction

A few top banks in the nation charge clients for bombed ATM transactions because of deficient money balance. What it implies is clients need to take care of an additional sum as a punishment for each exchange that is ineffective due to deficient balance. While this is certainly not another standard, there is numerous day by day cases where clients neglect to pull out cash because of deficient equilibrium. It is, accordingly, ideal to check your equilibrium prior to making an ATM withdrawal.

Keeping a check on the balance in your bank account is certifiably not a simple undertaking. Despite the fact that there are alternatives like missed calls and SMS offices one can generally profit to know the accessible balance. Yet, unconscious or oblivious clients once in a while face burden attempting to pull out cash from a record with lacking balance on the grounds that the banks charge an expense for a bombed ATM exchange.

ATM Transaction

The clients become more acquainted with it when a message is streaked on the ATM screen illuminating them regarding ‘inadequate funds’. Along these lines, while checking the balance before an ATM exchange could be an ideal practice, it is additionally critical to realize the expense banks charge for a failed ATM transaction.

Most popular banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank charge a failed transaction amount owing to insufficient balance in your bank account.

Read More: How Many Credit Cards, You Supposed To Keep?

HDFC Bank:

HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian bank and financial services firm based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. HDFC Bank is India’s biggest wealth bank in the private sector. It is India’s largest bank with a market capitalization as of March 2020. HDFC Bank offers a range of goods and services, including wholesale banking, retail banking, treasury, vehicle loans, two-wheeler loans, personal loans, land loans, consumer durable loans, lifestyle loans, and credit cards. Along with these different digital apps are Payzapp and SmartBUY.

Decline charge for deficient balance: transactions declined at other Bank ATMs anyplace on the planet or at a Merchant outlet outside India because of inadequate subsidies will be charged at ₹25 per transaction (in addition to taxes as appropriate).


ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian international banking and financial services firm with a registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat, and a corporate office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It provides a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and institutional clients across a number of distribution platforms and specialist branches in the fields of investment banking, life insurance, risk capital, and wealth management. ICICI Bank launched ‘ICICIStack’ which offers online services such as payment options, digital accounts, instant auto loans, insurance, savings, loans, etc.

The decrease of the transactions at other bank ATMs or point of sale (POS) because of lacking balance in the account Rs 25 for each exchange. 

Axis Bank:

Axis Bank Limited is an Indian private-sector bank based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It sells banking services to large and medium-sized businesses, small to medium-sized firms, and retailers.

As of 30 June 2016, 30.81 percent of the shares are held by the founders and the investor party (United India Insurance Company Limited, Oriental Insurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Ltd, GIC, LIC, and UTI). The remaining 69.19 percent of the shares are purchased by mutual funds, FIIs, insurers, insurance firms, corporate bodies, and private investors.

The Axis Bank charges a level charge of ₹25 per case for ATM transactions declined because of lacking fund at other bank’s domestic ATMs. 

In this way, next time when you choose to pull out cash from an ATM, guarantee you have the key in a sum accessible in your account, in any case, be set up to pay failed ATM exchange expense.

Jasyon Delgado
Jayson is an ecommerce expert, he will often write about ongoing news in India and around the world. You can reach out to him at